Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Count down is on

Today is day 18 for 8 of our chicken eggs in the incubator.
I have topped up the water trays and added a damp cloth to help with humidity.
The incubator now wont be opened until the last chick has emerged from the egg.

I also added 8 more eggs to the other incubator they and 9 others are due out between the 2-4th of October.
We have 12 campbell duck eggs due out on the 7th of October.

hmmmm whats happend this week??
Oh I know we got our first duck egg from our new ducks :)

We planted some heirloom tomatoes,eggplants,chilli plants and pumpkins.

I learnt how to make lemon butter YUMMO!

Bought some more tomato seeds on Ebay, going to have toms coming out our ears, oh well i will have a crack at tomato chutney :)

The quails are growing well and are almost fully feathered now.
I have 7 chicks from a friend that im growing out to see if they are Arthurs or Marthas hehehehe Arthurs will be eaten, Marthas will be kept to lay eggs.

Im trying to track down some Indian Game eggs so i can grow my own meat birds.

My first chicks of the season leave in a few weeks and my bantams arrive, we have decided that the colorbond aviary will make a wonderful Bantie Barn.
They arrive in the school holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment